"PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT"


                                        

                                              Polishing Your Manuscript



          When I was a child, I remember my mother always saying, “Practice makes perfect.” I didn’t understand what she meant by this, but now after years of do-overs, I finally get it.

          It’s true, in all that you do, you practice until whatever it is you’re doing is as close to perfect as you can get it.

          Now I know no one, and nothing is perfect, but polishing helps a bunch. Would use dull silver without polishing to it’s shiniest for your guest? Perform a concert without many hours of practice? Or climb a mountain without being properly trained? Of course, you wouldn’t, so we should give our written work the same attention.

Now, let’s talk about writing manuscripts. We all know how important it is to cross every T and dot all I’s. No dangling participles, improper use of verbs, nouns, and pronouns. Not to mention showing instead of telling.

          To ensure your work is in tip-top shape, you’ll need help. Editors, proofreaders, and reviewers are all necessary components on the road to perfection.

          Not only does it show pride in your work, but it also shouts professionalism.  I mean, if you want your readers to buy your book, then the most is required for satisfaction.

          Besides, it just makes sense to do things the right way or not at all. I admire hard work, and it should show in the finished product. No one wants a half baked pie or undercooked anything. Believe me, halfway is never good enough and almost doesn’t count.

So we should always strive for perfection in all we do even if we think it’s not workable. Believe me, in the end, your work will be much appreciated by you and those who support your work.

         

         

Comments

Popular Posts