"SO YOU'RE A WRITER NOW?"

                           

                                                            Justification

 

 

            When I think of justification, it reminds me of the biblical precept for being just or upright. Only God is capable of declaring justification from sin to grace.

Justification is the epitome of righteousness. Therefore there’s never any reason to come to your defense when someone questions your principles.

 

There is a reason I said all that, which is this.   I don’t know about you, But I hate when people from my past life say something like, “oh, so you’re doing that now?”

As if what you’re doing isn’t legit simply because they were unaware of your gift and talent.

 

A few weeks ago, as you know, I attended an event for authors, and someone I used to work with was there supporting another author.

 

Years have passed since we saw each other, but the first thing she said when I greeted her was. So you’re a writer now?

 

I thought that was self-explanatory since all my published works were displayed for everyone to see on a large table.

 

At the time, I was not offended, but as I thought about what she said more, It irritated me. How she said, it bothered me the most. As if I needed to justify something I wasn’t obligated to share in the first place.

Those who know me know that I’ve been a writer for years. Justification is not required.

 

You shouldn’t need to explain anything to anyone who questions your talent or abilities.

 

You are what you are. Enough said.

 

The definition of justification is an acceptable reason for doing something. That’s it. Whether the other party accepts your reason or not, that’s their problem.

There is never a reason to defend what you do, especially when doing it well.

Comments

Popular Posts