"ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE"


                                                            

                                                          Love is more than Romance



            We all are familiar with the song; All You Need Is Love, performed by The Beatles. Come on, four guys singing about love of all things? So it can’t be all bad.  


            A truth moment, I stole, a better word, borrowed this idea from my Sunday School book. It left an impression with me, so I had to share it.


But it’s true, love that is. I believe the world would be a much better place if more love existed. All we need is just a little. If you can’t sing about it or find it from the people around you, then read a book.


            A great book is one of the best ways to escape reality, I recommend the romance genre. Over the last several months, I’ve read some fantastic stories. Some were well-known authors, other newcomers. 


            But they all have one thing in common, love.

            I know, I’m biased because I’m also a romance writer, and it will always be one of my favorite genres to read or write.


            I’ve read everything, from historical romance, sci-fi romance, young adult, and new adult. Let me just say, I’m not disappointed. 


Recently, I revisited a few of the manuscripts I wrote many moons ago and skimmed over some of the pages. God, I was so over the moon in love with writing romance back then. I still am.

            Evident in the book titles, Love Said Not So, Unrequited Love, and so on. Okay, so I’ve matured since then and came up with better book titles too. The point is, love is part of reality, and we can’t live without it.


            Although some try, to skirt around this condition of the heart, it’s not good for the soul or the spirit to avoid it in your life.


            Love is as old as time, God said it first. If you don’t believe me, read John 3:16 in the Bible. So, we discover it’s not only scripturally sound, but universal.

            Even animals aren’t immune to it. Love is everywhere, and one of the better four-letter words you can share, and people won’t find it offensive.


            There are many types of love, not all are associated with romance, but the intenseness of what it imports is still there. Whether it’s love for your mate, family, or a great story.

Simply remember, All You Need Is Love, Love, Is All You Need.

           



                                                

Comments

Popular Posts