"THE REAL MONET"

                                                  Being Your Best Authentic Self

 

Claude Monet was a French impressionists artists and 19th-century painter. There are many reproductions of his art, essentially fakes, but only one authentic Monet. He initiated the impressionist style. It was unquestionably his claim to fame.

His work speaks for itself and is recognized worldwide. But imagine if he denied his art, therefore denying his talent simply because he was too afraid to declare that he was an artist?

I’m sure when asked how he defined himself. I’m almost certain he asserted himself first as an artist.

That was his truth. He knew and believed wholeheartedly in his ability and God-given gift.

When asked are you a writer? How do you answer?

Do you say I’m an aspiring writer?

Oh, I’m newly published?

Do you meet the question head-on?

What I’ve found to be true in myself and other authors is that instead of answering the question head-on, giving credence to who we are and what we do. We tend to provide soft responses as if we’re unsure and are ashamed to admit that, yes, I am a published author and proud of it too.

It is the only way to identify yourself thoroughly as a writer and author. Essential to becoming your best authentic self.

I’m not in the name-it-claiming-it business, but I believe you can speak things into existence by manifesting them into your life.

The Word says that the tongue holds power. That power can speak life or death over your life or someone else’s.

I’m all about the positive, which means I choose life and everything that comes with that.

Included in this vision of manifesting what I speak life into is how I view myself image.

Be true to one's self, speaking that truth without reservations.

As I get older, I take on wisdom and knowledge, which makes me unafraid to speak the truth about myself and the perspective of others.

Becoming your best authentic self comes with a price that includes claiming responsibility and allowing yourself to claim the credit without feeling braggadocious about it.

Claiming who you are isn’t arrogance, boasting, or rudeness but a clear awareness of your abilities and the hard work you’ve accomplished to make that claim.

No one else will be if you aren’t clear about who you are.

Always embrace your strengths and weaknesses; there’s always room for improvement.

Be assertive and unafraid to point out your value. If you don’t see your worth, no one else will either.

I don’t believe in New Year resolutions, but I remain resolute in speaking my truth for 2023.

And so should you.

Be sure of who you are, regardless of what others think. It’s not about them telling you who you are, but you knowing who you are beyond doubt.

I remember a speech made by Rev. Jesse Jackson when I was in High School. He was part of the Rainbow Coalition, whose motto was, “I Am Somebody!”

Now apply that motto to your life and your gifts. Use it as a mantra and repeat it until you believe it as often as necessary.

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts