"UNITED WE STAND"

 


 

                 The Brotherhood & Sisterhood of Writers

 

            If there ever were a time for writers, authors, and artists to make a united front, the time is now. However, some do the opposite with the mindset of every man or woman for themselves.

 

            I’m not speaking to those individuals but the brave warriors who recognize what it means to be a team because there is no I in team.

 

            My fellow creators have adopted the correct attitude. We can achieve a common goal, for we understand this makes it possible to rise above the selfish behavior of others.

           

            A fellow writer shared a viewpoint that I agreed with totally. What she said echoed every word I’ve spouted throughout my career that I want to speak about today.

 

            I must say this and speak power to truth. Loyalty should start within a household, then spread through the different branches of the family. That within itself is a problem for me and should be the case but isn’t. Simple actions are ignored or met with an, I don’t care attitude.

 

The reality saddens me that the people closest to us are unwilling to help promote your work for whatever reason. A sad day indeed.

           

            But my brothers and sisters, I want to lift your spirits today because there is power in unity, logistics, and logic that prove my point. Most of us get it and realize there’s enough room at the top for everyone.

 

            You are not alone in this despite family resistance. I have witnessed and testify that my fellow artists have filled the gap left open by those closest to us. We lift each other daily, sharing content across social media groups.

 

            Through tweets that keep each of us relevant and to these brave soldiers, I say thank you.  Because of these unified efforts, we can promote our work and share it with expectant readers.

 

            The brother and sisterhood are a virtual team, and without your selfless acts, we could never survive the trials of DIY publishing. Teamwork is crucial, not to mention cost-effective when considering the amount of time and money saved with self-promotion.

 

            Again, thank you for being a huge partner in the success of talented artists. I appreciate you and recognize you as team players.

 

           

 

             

           

 

Comments

Popular Posts