“THE A-TEAM”

 

                         

                                                        My Top 10 Summer Reading List

 

            It’s hard to believe, but summer is upon us once again. Now that vaccines are available for Covid, more people have already taken the right step to help lessen the outbreak. Some of you have made plans to travel or not instead opted for a staycation. Well, a little reading seems appropriate.

Even if you intend to jet off to some exotic location, cruise, or chill out by the pool, let me suggest a few of my favorite books from my summer reading list.

These are books that left a lasting impression on me, and what better way to show some appreciation for the authors is to share these titles with you today.

I’m starting from #10 and working my way to #1, so let’s get started.

10. Every Vow You Break by Peter Swanson, a psychological thriller that didn’t disappoint but will make you question chance encounters and if anyone is perfect.

09. A Good Girls Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson, YA fiction and an instant New York Times Best-Seller. An addictive must-read mystery that questions if a serial killer is afoot or an obsession gone wrong.

08. The Push by Ashley Audrain and a Good Morning America Book Club Pick and another NYT Best-seller. This psychological drama had me on the edge of my seat, wondering if bad parenting was at hand or if a mother birth the demon seed. The title says it all.

07. The Good Sister by Sally Hepworth\ Suspense. I love how this story explores the dual narratives of two sisters—true suspense with varying stories and plot twists.  I’ll bet you’ll have a hard time determining whose the good or bad sister.

06. One by One by Ruth Ware, another suspense thriller and NYT best-seller. Reminded of Agatha Christie’s book And Then There Were None. It bore her suspenseful writing style. On a snow-covered mountain with eight guests and two full-time staff members, one of them is a killer. Just expect the least expected.

05. Behind Her Eyes, by Sarah Pinborough, Is also an NYT Best-seller and a Netflix movie. An eerie thriller that reminded me of the Skeleton Key, written by Anthony Horowitz.

 If Stephen King liked it, you will love it as much as I did. Trust me; there’s a whole lot of weirdness in this book filled with mind games. And when you think you’ve figured it out, wait for the mindblowing end.

04. The Cousins by Karen M. McManus YA fiction starts slow but builds to become true suspense filled with dirty little secrets and switched identities.

03. The Echo Wife by Sarah Gailey science fiction at its best. If you’re a sci-fi fan, then you’ll want to add this book to your list. Cheating husbands has nothing on Multiplicity, making this story morally questionable and different in a not so bad weird direction.

02. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng literature\ fiction and NYT Best-seller and Netflix movie. Everyone has secrets, but what would you do to cover them up. Each character in this book has something they’re hiding. This book left my stomach in knots and good to the end.

01. The Perfect Marriage by Jeneva Rose mystery\thriller & suspense. Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned. This book took revenge to an entirely new level—well-written, excellent plot and convincing characters. I loved this book, and I know you will too. It had me guessing until the end about who killed the scorned wife’s husband’s lover.

Comments

Popular Posts