BLOGGER!

                                        
                       THE IMPORTANCE OF BLOGGING FOR WRITERS

The word blogger in some strange way makes me think of the video game Frogger. Don’t ask me why, it just does.  For those of you too young to remember, or perhaps you never played the game, it’s the one where you try to maneuver the frog across lanes of traffic. If he didn’t make it, you’d hear the familiar musical tune that let you know you lost.
Well blogging in some ways is just like that game, in terms of how we try to manage our daily writing. Our busy schedules are the lanes of traffic that we find ourselves facing each day. I don’t know about you, but sometimes I sure feel that way.
Blogging is an intricate and very important part of what I do as a writer. Just as creating stories that will turn into novels, blogging comes with its own special needs. In terms of developing interesting things to write about on a weekly basis, this can sometimes be quite challenging.
On my Saturday web-based blog, I try to keep my listeners entertained as well informed as I write about interesting topics. Not all of them are based on writing, but for the most part is still related. Some ideas come easy enough, but there are times when I struggle with motivation and wonder, will I make it across the dangerous highway like Frogger or succumb to the deadly traffic called lack of inspiration.
I try to read daily in hopes of staying in the know also inspired by the books I read written by other authors.
For some writers who blog on a daily basis, I tip my hat to them by the way, I wonder how they stay consistent, as well motivated to find interesting things to blog about.
 My well of knowledge usually stays filled midway from the top with information, but sometimes I feel as though it will run dry. God forbid, which is why I try to write a weekly script to keep the wheels of my brain in good working order.
This is essential to the survival of all bloggers.
I imagine if I were a foodie blogger, I am a foodie by the way, I’d never run out of delicious things to talk about. However, I am not that type of writer, therefore I stick to what I know, which is books and lots of them.
So just this morning, I wondered what I would bring to my listeners today when my broadcast begins. I prayed, Lord please give me something, anything, and so the word Blogger entered my head.
The voice that lives there said, isn’t this what you do on a weekly basis? You’ve talked about everything else, why not blogging. Indeed.
Blogging is how useful information is shared all over the planet, whether it’s on the web, television programs that host a variety of bloggers through these types of communication, whether it is food, sports, fashion, music whatever.
There are literally millions of bloggers all over the world, so why would you want to dive in the fray with them. Well, for one reason, you might have something that no one else has thought to write about. This will allow you to stand out from all the rest.
So when I thought more on this subject, it occurred to me that there are so many people who don’t know the first thing about blogging or how to began. I believe many people are deterred because it seems hard or is too confusing to start a blog, mainly because of the information overload.
Since I am proficient on this topic, I decided to extend a helping hand from my wealth of knowledge to those who might want to start their own blog. Now I don’t want to overwhelm you in the same way, but offer some general helpful information to get you moving in the right direction.
So, as always I consulted with other suppliers of knowledge to add to my own views and opinions, that enables me to give you the most and best information available.
Google is my search engine of choice and I consulted the Beginners Guide for 2017, by Jessica Knapp.  Basically, we are in agreement but she gives a detailed list of what you should do to start blogging in five easy steps.
  1. Choose your preferred blog platform.
  2. Choose web hosting for you blog
  3. Setting up a blog on your own domain
  4. Design your blog
  5. Useful resources for blogging
Pretty simple so far right? Well let’s move on to some of the platforms available for you to use to start blogging.
  1. WordPress
  2. Blogger
  3. Tumblr
All three of these platforms are easy and free, for self- hosting, however they still have drawbacks if you are a serious blogger. For instance, they contain advertisement that you can’t delete from you page. Well, what do you expect if you’re using their site free of charge. Also, you will incur limits such as space, and won’t be able to upload your favorite pictures or videos. Further still, you don’t own the blog you’ve written. If this isn’t a deal breaker for you, then you might want to consider either one of the platforms mentioned.
 Nevertheless, if you discover that you want to move up from the amateur level to bigger and better things, you might want to consider your own customized domain. It just looks more professional when you don’t have all these additional things crawling around on your page. Honestly, if you desire to attract a loyal following of readers, this might be a wise investment of your time and money.
Now the fun part starts, designing your blog page. Personally, I like Blogger, because there are an assortment of images and backgrounds to choose from. I like flowers and bright colors. Don’t worry about it detracting from your writing, it only enhances the total design of your blog. Or you might want to keep it totally professional and choose images along those lines. Keep in mind if you’re using the free themes it limits what you can choose, unless of course you don’t mind paying for an upgrade.
There are many useful tips for beginning bloggers that you might want to consider. And by all means please search the web to find information that will fit your blogging needs.
Well I’ve given you the list so now it’s up to you to try out which one fits your level of expertise.
Jessica also mentioned another blog domain she uses for hosting her blog called iPage. I’m not familiar with it but I will check it out and suggest you do also. The price is less than 2.50 per month, which is incredibly affordable for those who don’t like the free web hosting sites. 
Well, I tried to keep the information provided short and sweet for you so I wouldn’t lose anyone on the way, like Frogger.

 I hope what I shared was helpful and inspired you to began your own blog.

Comments

Popular Posts