"WHEN YOU BELIEVE"

                                  
                                                        The Power of Imagination

One of the most powerful tools known to man is the imagination.
This amazing instrument designed to create ideas, images, and sensation without any help from the five senses we rely on daily.  
Even while the body slumbers, the mind is still cognitively aware creating dreamscapes, taking us places through mind travel.
Imagination allows us to go places we’ve always dreamed about, without physically traveling, simply by thought.
How many of you have ever experienced a déjà vu, moment where you are engaged in conversation and know exactly what comes next. Or visited a place that seemed so familiar to you, though you’ve never been there before.
God, therefore, uniquely different, uniquely designs our minds giving us the ability to use it for good or evil.
Imagination is the link to the desires of our hearts, and can transport us to anywhere we longed to go, and create any scenario without any actual physical movement.
I’ve always had a vivid imagination, and as a child it enabled me to leave reality just for a little while and project my mind to alternative universes.
 What I mean by this is that life has not always been great for me. Poverty was a reality and it has a way of restricting your sight. 
I experienced this on a daily basis growing up, but to escape this truth, used my mind to elevate myself mentally to a different status.
It didn’t change the situation, but my imagination allowed me to see past actuality and also gave me hope of a brighter future.
Imagination is a key element of life also what gives writers the ability to tell amazing stories and transform not so bright realities to dazzling images of what could be.
I admire fantasy writers for this one reason alone. 
They ignite the imagination giving us a peek into ultra realities, fairylands, medieval times, and other scientifically created worlds.
As a romance writer, I too possess some of these same abilities, but perhaps on a lesser scale. The things I write about are no less imaginative, but relatable.
People who possess great imaginations are passionate. This includes their daily lives, and the stories they create on paper. They are limitless in what they can do and where they can go. Gravity doesn’t bound their minds, and left free to soar to unimaginable heights.
Imaginations purpose in life is to engage, ignite, inspire, create, and suspend the boundaries set by the body.  
The present and future are now partners. They timeshare allowing the mind to intermingle what is and what will be as one.
Visionaries are intricate parts of today’s society in many ways. Without them, we are lost in the sea of predictability, boring, and nonproductive existences.
Imagination though never intended for daydreaming alone, if used appropriately is a proactively and potent way of thinking outside of the box.
If I may quote Albert Einstein as saying: “Imagination is everything. It is the preview for life’s coming attractions.”  
This is true on many different levels. When I think about technology, science, social and economical growth, what he said has never been truer.  
Who needs drugs when you have a more potent stimulant right inside your head? Personally it’s the only stimulant I use to get high on. It is a powerful pick me up that helps me to be creative and innovative in my thought process.
What good is the mind if we don’t use it for what it was designed for; thinking?
What if some of our most pioneering thinkers of the century had refused their gifts, God forbid, and chose a different path? Or some of the more influential writers had chosen not to write such eloquent stories that we partake of today?
Additionally, we’d be so helpless without how the imagination aids in scientific research. Not to mention lost as well misinformed about how useful a part they play in today’s modern society.
We have been blessed with so many extraordinary things because of great intellectually creative people. Through the talent of imagination, the list is a long one, and great stories are among those that are at the top.
Imagination has healing power. It really does, if you can envision it then you can believe it. It is magical filled with whimsical interludes that entertain the senses.
How many times have we seen our children or others engaged in conversation with no one except their own imaginary friends. Don’t panic parents, trust me this is healthy behavior. This activity is helping to develop young minds to be future visionaries, because they have far-reaching sight.  
I find it exhilarating to see them using what the good lord gave them, honing their minds to become great thinkers. To live out loud to do whatever they desire and go wherever their imagination leads them.
The world has become be a much better place because of the gifts and talents bestowed upon us.
As I stated earlier, I use my imagination then the same way I do now, although my life has changed dramatically, but the purpose is the same.
It is my getaway from the challenges life throws my way, sometimes an alternate reality is way better than real life.
Now I can’t do a complete shutdown, sometimes I’d like to, but I do unplug for extended periods of time, just long enough to reboot my system to relax, relate and release the stress of life.
The imagination is an outlet, a way to escape the troubles of the world, especially now with so much bickering and discontent surrounding us.
Through this medium, we can create change and hope for growth just by thinking it into existence.
 Who needs tropical getaways when you have the best vacation destination located right inside your mind? Okay visualizing isn’t as fulfilling as actually being there but you have to admit, it is a powerful image.
In closing, imagination is an outward expression of what we’d like to change internally, life on our terms not defined by anyone else’s ideas, but our own views.
You must agree, a much broader scope than some boring opinions based on everyday life.
We have the power to transform minds, to heal broken spirits and to change the world, one inspirational vision at a time.



    

  

Comments

Popular Posts