“THE WORLD THROUGH YOUR OWN EYES”


            

                            How Writers Envision The Creative World They See                                   



            How we see the world is often based on someone else’s views.  Through photographic imagery and articles written in their own voices. We allow their opinions to shape us, to tell us who we should be and how to think.  

As a writer, I see things differently than the average person.  I possess no super powers that gives me an edge over anyone else.  Yet, sometimes, I can see with a third eye. 

The mind is a powerful instrument.  A conductor of knowledge and power. It is a super tool, that allows a writer to see things undetectable by the naked eye.  It is an internal function, that works steadily.  Even after the body has shut down.

It controls our subconscious thoughts, such as dreams and so on. It fires off subliminal messages, that the brain stores and recalls during waking hours.  It allows those with a third eye to see the world differently.  Through their own eyes, one page at a time.

Imagination is a wonderful escape to undiscovered places, adventure.  A glimpse into the past and the future. How you use this gift is entirely based on your perception of what it is trying to show you.

An individual might dream, remember it but sees it as only that. It has no purpose, and thought of as a filter.  A sieve to drain out everything that transpired during their day. Whereas, a writer dreams and sees a story, not yet told. 

I love science fiction, and fantasy although my writing genre is, romance.  Nevertheless, as I read the books written by some of my favorite authors, I am still amazed at how they are able to construct universes and characters that are so unique and charismatic all at the same time.  

They never fail to impress me, and I believe this is something that all writers should never forget. It inspires me to be creative. And gives me the advantage of seeing the world through the eyes of another artist. At the same time maintain my own creative flow and intensity.

Viewing the world through your eyes opens the window that streams in innovative ideas and thought patterns.  A way to exercise the brain to get more than we expect from it. A different perspective on how we write.    

Visualization, is simply images conjured up by the imagination. An opportunity to day dream with our eyes wide open if you will. A way to maintain our own voice when we write, and perfect our own prose.  

Seeing the world through your own eyes is more than just a concept.  I think of it like an unpainted canvas. A blank page just waiting to be transformed into a work of genius, one page at a time.










Comments

Popular Posts