"KEEP ON TRUCKIN' BABY"


                      



                                            Perseverance vs Adversity





The lyrics of this song came to me and I thought, wow! “Ain’t nothin’ holdin me back, I’ll keep right on truckin’’” Simple but powerful words that spoke to me and I said yeah, this is what it’s all about. Much love to Eddie Kendricks who made it a number one hit.

We all know how hard it is sometimes to maintain a personal drive in whatever it is that inspires us. Mainly because we lose focus, distracted by negative energy that surrounds us like enemies.  We listen to the hype, good or bad and allow that to dictate our future.

Listen to me, I know in this life God is in control, but still, he gave us the wherewithal to be go getters. To set our minds and goals on whatever direction we desire to take. To be passionate about our craft, or endeavors, speaking them into life and never reticent.

Yes, I know there are obstacles that block the way sometimes, but remember, these are only minor setbacks that if we face them head on, can leap right over, like hurdles and land on our feet running.

We must never allow adversity to hold us back, instead use it as motivation. As inspiration to succeed in our goals.  This is where the need to persevere comes in, hitting hard, cutting down adversaries, taking no prisoners.

Life, is critical and hard enough without throwing other speedbumps in our path. We are on a mission folks. To be the best at whatever it is that we do.  Champions, who never slow down once they near the finish line, but keep the pace.

The word perseverance means, determination. And we must use every letter of the word to continue to move forward, striving toward what we want most from this life.

The Apostle John said, Philippians 3:13 “Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have laid hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.” Good advice and another lesson in perseverance over adversity.

Once upon a time I was afflicted with a debilitating condition. I haven’t completely mastered it’s hold over me but much better than when I started out. In case you’re wondering what, it could be, I suffer with being introverted. It held me prisoner. Too afraid to walk out on faith, to speak my hopes and dreams aloud.  You see if I couldn’t speak it into reality then it remained only a dream.  

At the time, I wasn’t even aware that there was a name for it. All I knew is that I was so shy, and reserved. Extremely quiet and hardly ever vocal.  This disorder plagued me until I found my strength, my salvation.  My belief in Christ, gave me the courage to face my fears, and to live my visions.   

Even if you don’t believe, we can agree that the power of positivity overrules negativity ever time.

I learned that all things are possible, and that it all begins with the belief that I can if I try hard enough. I discovered, that there is most certainly, Perseverance over Adversity if you apply the effort to make it so.

How will you allow it to affect your life, your goals and your future?

Nothing is insurmountable, if we choose to move forward and never give up.












Comments

Popular Posts