"DON'T NOBODY BRING ME NO BAD NEWS"

 

                  

                                                   New Possibilities for 2021

 

            I believe 2020 will go down as a unique year. One never experienced, at least during my lifetime. We saw the entire planet affected by a virus, deaths, joblessness, remote learning, and working that changed every individual perspective of normalcy.  

            Today’s title reminds me of the song from the WIZ. A big shoutout to Quincy Jones for his imaginative take on The Wizard of Oz. The Wicked Witch sang nobody bring me no bad news, and I can’t agree more—unlike Mr. Jones, who redid a classic with success. I don’t want a do-over because I’m done with 2020! It can kick rocks. I had my share of it and the bad news that came with it. All I want to see of 2020 is its reflection in my rearview mirror.

I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to a better year and better news for 2021.

            2020 left us desperately scrambling for optimism when there seemed to be little of it anywhere around.

            2020 forced us to rearrange how we live, work, and exist.

But don’t despair! I am an honorary ambassador of truth and wield the power of positive thinking. I hereby declare that 2021 will restore hope in humanity and what we all long for and need.

New possibilities. Inspiration. If nothing else, 2020 should inspire artists to bring forth new material and creativity. God knows we have enough factual information to write untold stories of the bad taste it left in everyone’s mouth.

We can’t say enough about 2020 and the strain this year placed upon our lives. But 2021 should motivate everyone to look ahead and not behind. To appreciate the challenges we all experienced, even if in unprecedented ways.

Diversity inspires change, and I, for one, want to be part of that movement.

2020 changed the lexicon of what we understood of chaos and confusion. It placed an entirely new spin on that and life as we knew it.

I’m excited, and you should also be. My hope is restored, and I can’t wait for what 2021 promises.

Overoptimistic? Never. Optimism is warranted and effective in achieving goals. So allow me to encourage you and prepare for a year I predict to be a fantastic year of opportunities.

            Life is often wrought with an unfair amount of bad news. We’ve all had a share in that. Still, in 2021 my borders will be closed for any bearers of bad news. Yes, I know that rain will fall in every life, and to that, I say, bring the rain that waters and brings forth life and new opportunities.

 I’m ready for what the next year will bring. Are you? Cheers to a Happier New Year.

 

 

 

             

           

Comments

Popular Posts