"THE CLIMB"


                                                        Pushing Through Insecurities

 

            Today I received a call from my nephew. A young man surmounted by many trials but continues to move forward despite being disabled competes in various competitions. He’s competing in a rock wall climbing event as we speak. I admire his tenacity and how he challenges himself even when nothing is left to give.

Today, speaking with him inspired today’s discussion and reminded me of a song by Miley Cyrus from the movie Hannah Montana. The lyrics to that song “I can almost see it, that dream I’m dreaming. But there’s a voice in my head saying, You’ll never reach it.”

I’ve never seen the movie, but I am familiar with the song I relate to on many levels, which leads me to this question.

Have you ever given much thought to the definition of the word climb? Well, I have.

Merriam-Webster states the word climb means: go or come up(a slope, incline, or staircase) Basically to ascend.

I agree with that terminology, but I’d like to insert my definition of what the word “climb” means to me.

For me, it means obtaining achievement through obstacles. One of the most debilitating obstacles is fear. Once you master that, your abilities are limitless. The only way to achieve this is to push through your insecurities.

How often do we allow fear to control our lives? Giving it full reign to bully us into giving up because we think we can’t do it.

Insecurity is a stronghold designed to keep us boxed in comfortable lifestyles and situations that afford little spiritual, personal, or financial growth.

However, sometimes people or a song can inspire us to do more to live more, and do things we never dreamed we could do.

At the same time, inspire others to do the same.

Fear means an intense emotion that makes us perceptive to danger or threats. In some cases, it is the direct cause of failure. Fear of failing, fear of success.

Some we can’t control, but we do have the power to climb when we overpower our insecurities, not allowing them power over us.

Whatever you do in life depends on how you master that emotion. Mind over matter is one helpful tool to galvanize us into action and become an inspiration to others.

Climb high, climb free of insecurities and all obstacles. 

Comments

Popular Posts