"A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS"

                    
                                                   Books On My Best Ever List

How many of you remember or have even seen the movie The Sound of Music?
Well like this movie, and many books I’ve read, and currently reading, are a few of my favorite things. My book list grows daily, as you know I am an avid reader and religiously add more to my collection continuously.
Over the past few months, I’ve stumbled across some great reads that I absolutely love, and wanted to share these titles with you. 
My love of books is a passion. Historical, Fiction, Romance, Fantasy, are only a few on my ever expanding, to read list.
I read a variety of books, many are forgettable, but there are some that stay with me long after I’ve moved on to another story. This is why I wanted to share with you the top ten of my favorites. Some you may have already read and if so, we agree that you have great taste in books. If you have not been fortunate in discovering what I believe will become classics, and join the ranks of other titles as must-reads, then please add these to your list.
We are bombarded daily by the complexity of existence and the ever-declining state of the world. Whether it’s world peace, clean air or the growing often controversial political situation that affects us all. What I desire to do is take you away like Calgon, from the seriousness for just a few minutes or more. To a world where tragedies, mayhem, love, peace and war are all contained within the pages of a great book. I’d like to expand your imaginations to see past the mind boggling affairs of real life to a surreal place that allows you to indulge in utter fantasy for a bit.
All my favorites are composed of every sub-genre that falls under the heading of Romance. I love history and am never far away from what is at my heart’s content and first love, Romance. What I discovered is that I can still have it all wrapped up in the lovely package of this and other great stories.
Therefore, without further ado, I submit to you the books I absolutely loved most and are on my Best Ever List.

1.      Outlander, by Diana Galbaldon, I cannot say enough about this series of books. I’ve read them all and can’t wait for the next one. I was introduced to this story on cable television. All I saw was the promo and knew I had to watch it. From the moment of this discovery of compelling genius, knew I must have the books to add to my collection. This story had everything that an imaginative mind possesses. History, Time Travel, and I am a dedicated fan of the television series, that will return in September, can’t hardly wait. Jamie and Claire are lovable characters as the story tracks their lives from the point Claire stumbles back to the eighteenth century. In addition, the lists of books are much more detailed and will take you on a journey that you will not soon forget.

2.        The Last Kingdom by Bernard Cornwell,
This book, a series, captivated me! It’s funny how I always manage to find the screenplay first totally by accident, then discover it’s based on a series of books. Anyway, the characters are based on the genius of the author, who builds a story around real places, yet to be United Kingdom, during medieval times. The characters Uhtred the main character that the story is based on are fictional but history can attest to the existence of Alfred King of Wessex how England came to be. 
However, this is what makes the story that much more exciting. Especially for lovers of history, including me. I could not put this book down! I binged- watched the television series, the first two seasons on Netflix, which increased my curiosity to learn more about the story. You should definitely add this one with many stars on your summer reading list.
3.      The Gifting Series by K.E. Ganshert, This story unfolds to something I wasn’t quite expecting. It is also another of my favorites and falls under the Young Adult –Sci- Fi genre. Book one is the catalyst for everything that takes place in this amazing story. There are three books total, I recommended you read them all and be prepared for one of the most intricately written brilliant stories, Ever. That should be a television series or movie.
4.      Fateful Vampire Trilogy, by Cheri Schmidt: Okay if you are a paranormal fan, then this is the series of books for you. I’ve always loved Dracula and the many books that evolved from this story. This author puts a new spin on the classic tale and I guarantee it will become one of your favorites as well. You will not be disappointed and hooked. Count on it.
5.      The Captive Series, by Erica Stevens, Be prepared for the unexpected in this series of books. Yes, it is another vampire story but a great one. I don’t want to spoil the plot so all I can say is add this one to your list as well. I will say it is an addictive read and another one of those stories that blindside you. It is not predictable as most of these types of stories are. It is a beautiful tale of love and unifying the human race with the supernatural.
6.   The Circle Trilogy, by Nora Roberts, This book was recommended to me by a co-worker, another lover of books. She suggested that I read the series, which I did and was completely blown away. I had read a few of this authors books when I was younger but wasn’t a true fan, until now. Talk about the unexpected! Yes, it is yet another Fantasy and if this is your genre, then I suggest you read the entire series. From the beginning, I knew that there was something special about one of the main characters Kean. Every page holds excitement and will have you on the edge of your seat with anticipation. If these books are selected for a screenplay, I will be first in line to watch it. Great story well written, pure genius.
7.      Love Edy Series, by Shewanda Pugh. OMG, I am so blown away by this author and her beautiful way of storytelling. This book pulled at the strings of my heart. It set me on an emotional rollercoaster that I wasn’t ready to disembark from. If you are searching for a Teen-Young Adult love story then may I suggest this series of books. Well written, completely enveloping that binds two young people from different ethnicities together, amid many trials and tribulations.  It will have you cheering Edy and Hassan on as they grow from best friends to lovers.
8.      Running In the Dark, By Inger Iversen, This book hooked me from the start and is one of a series of books by this author. It is a short read but a great one. I like this book because like the Love Edy Series, it transcends cultures and race to tell a beautiful story. It just happens to be another vampire tell but hey I love them.
9.      Creatus, by Carmen DeSousa, This is a story of how the legend of vampires came into existence. Totally not, what I was expecting and is what makes this story another great read. I haven’t read the full series yet, but on my list of must haves. I love protector or guardian heroes. This is one of those types of stories and you will absolutely fall in love with it. The characters experience tragedy but triumphs over evil, the ultimate battle of good versus evil story-line.
10.   Queen Sugar by Natalie Bazile, was a book first also then made into a screenplay that shows on the Own network. The first two seasons are a must see, and I recommend you read the book first for the complete details of the story line.
Okay I get that none of this books have yet to win a Pulitzer Prize in Fiction, but they are well worth reading and
get across the board stars. I hope that you will add them to your list of summer reads, buy them for a friend,
sit back, and enjoy fiction at its best. 

Comments

Popular Posts