"WHEN IN DOUBT WRITE IT OUT"

                                               
                                                     DOUBTING YOUR GIFTS

            The worst enemy of any individual is self-doubt. No matter what it is, or what you do, we can bring about our own demise by doubting our abilities. I’m not going to stand back and point an accusing finger, because I’m also guilty.To be perfectly honest, it’s an easy thing to do. Usually it begins by measuring your level of success by public opinion. Based on how well someone else is doing or done compared to your status. No matter what your chosen profession might be, or how well you’re doing somehow you always feel the need to explore someone else’s personal goals to see if you’ve met their standards.
            As a writer and author, I still want to know how I compare to the plethora of others in my line of business. If for some reason, they seem to be doing just a bit better. I start to doubt and worry that I’m not measuring up. I automatically assume I’ve failed for one reason or another.This isn’t true, no not at all. It’s associated with how you view success and personal goals.
            Self doubt can and will extinguish any flame in the hearts of hopeful individuals burning brightly.
  Second-guessing your gifts no matter what they are can be detrimental to career goals. Everyone has a starting point but if you doubt yourself straight out the gate how far do you think you’ll get?
What I had to learn is to believe in myself first. No matter what those around me said, positive or negative, I listened to my inner voice. I understood that I had something special. A gift not intended for everyone but a select group. I remained focused and vigilant to my craft.
            I stopped limiting my sight and living in a future tense. It’s all about positive energy and changing your view of how one sees themselves. I even went a step further and stopped saying when I become, to, I am.
My friends, this is a test-driven formula for every successful person who started out with a dream, and saw it all the way to the end. Wishing and hoping is not enough. Determination and staunch refusal to accept defeat is the power source. I have learned over the years and seen for myself how true this statement is.
Case and point, a little over six months ago I released my third book. I did so with the knowledge of how great a story it is and positive thoughts that it would do well in the market. Not only have I sold books in the United Stated but now at last count five other countries. I attributed this to firstly my faith, trusting in my gifts and believing in my ability as a writer. 
            How you view yourself, whether as a winner or loser, is largely determined by willpower and a personal drive to achieve. You must challenge yourself daily. Hey, when in doubt write it out. What I mean by this is that seeing your dreams hopes and fears in black and white somehow makes it more real. It is true that by exercising faith, and not futility makes your goals that much more accessible. Seeing is believing, it stimulates motivation when you write down your visions. They become clearer and attainable when they are no longer thoughts in your head, but real goals.
            You have to keep moving forward and stay proactive in your career. Stay away from dream-killers. You know who they are, the ones who dwell in negativity and spread it around like a lethal virus. Don’t listen to naysayers who’d rather see you fail than succeed. Beware of hype-men too, charmers who tell you what you want to hear instead of the truth.

Doubting your gifts is the equivalent of living your life with blinders on. Exercise your faith, recognize your gifts, visualize your thoughts, and pursue your dreams wholeheartedly.

Comments

Popular Posts