“GO GET IT!”


                                    

                                                       In Pursuit of Your Dreams



            I love this song by Mary Mary, Go Get Your Blessings!  Well, I know that all blessings come straight from God, and he turns the impossible into possibilities. So, there is no reason why you can’t pursue your dreams.

Whoever coined the phrase, win big or go home, was definitely on to something.  Your dreams should be the essence of motivation. Whatever it is in life that you are in pursuit of, you need a starting point and then go after it.  I know that there will be obstacles along the way, but this should inspire you more to keep moving.

It’s okay to dream big, even when you hear whispers of I wouldn’t do that if I were you. Or, there are enough writers in the world already. Don’t listen to it.  Not everyone will want to cheer you on or be in your corner when you need inspiration the most and you should expect this.  But don’t let it keep you from making your dreams a reality.

Today I want to focus on authors, mainly because I am one and have been on this journey for a while now.  My dreams were to write a book and publish it.  This was during a time when getting your work published and noticed was close to impossible. And I have to be honest and say that it wasn’t always easy, but I learned a lot of things along the way.

But what I didn’t do was give up. Doggedly, I stayed in the fray even when I did think about giving up, believe me it was only a thought. Because I understood that writing stories was what I’ve been blessed to do.

Not everyone has the gift of storytelling.  It may not seem that way when the market is saturated with so many other talented writers. But that’s the best part because the world desires variety. Not every author is suited for every reader.

This is why all my newbie writers should prepare themselves to be part of the starting lineup of dream pursuers.

Writing books, or screenplays is in high demand right now.  Seems like every week when I view the market of bestsellers or undiscovered talent that are blazing up the charts on their way to the top, the staggering numbers amaze me. Trust me this is a good thing. Primarily because the world is overflowing with people pursuing their dreams. Notice that I didn’t say chasing. Because that word seems to invalidate the whole reason as to why you’re trying to Go Get It.

If you are not taking advantage of all the opportunities presented to you right now, then writing obviously isn’t your thing. Or you lack the spirit of what it takes to be an author.

 The hardest part about writing is actually just sitting down and doing it. If this is your gift and you want it to become your livelihood, then Go Get It. You are viable and marketable because you no longer have to be part of the mainstream process of submitting your work to publishers and waiting to see if it’s a go or a bust.  

Some writers become disheartened when they learn that they aren’t the only authors promoting their talent. Once upon a time, before self-publishing came to pass, there was a reason to worry. Especially if you were trying to go the traditional route.  

With so many avenues of discovery available to you now, there is no reason why you can’t excel and live your dreams out loud. Still, you must be aware of how competitive this business is, and you really have to know your stuff to compete in the vastly growing market of new authors.

But don’t let this discourage or scare any newcomers just starting fresh out the gate away.

There is room for everyone. If you work hard and establish yourself as a marketable brand in the marketplace, I promise you will also be included in the bestsellers number.

So come on, Let’s get out there and Go Get It!


Comments

Popular Posts