"STOP DREAMING START DOING!"


      

                                                         The Secret to Success



            While I’m thinking about the topic for my weekly blog, sometimes I like to surf Facebook. Not that social media isn’t already interesting enough, but I stumbled across something that immediately grabbed my attention.  It was a video of Arnold Schwarzenegger, speaking on the secret of success.  

Now he isn’t one of my favorite actors, but I give respect wherever it’s due’ because I am a huge fan of all his top movies. Honestly, I have to admit how impressed I was as well amazed by the list he presented, because it strongly mirrored my own list, and covered many of the subjects I’ve talked about over the past few months therefore, worth mentioning.

My weekly radio show is geared toward inspiring others to live their dreams and have better lives, however, to accomplish this you must have a process.

            Arnold listed five rules and gave some background information as to why they were important to him. We all know that his accent is quite heavy, but he is a household name because of his uniqueness. Anyway, I listed his five rules for success here:

1.      Find your vision

2.      Think big

3.      Avoid naysayers

4.      Work your backside off

5.      Don’t just take give back

I couldn’t agree with this philosophy more because it is a great formula for finding success.  Along with these five essential elements, it also requires a strong level of determination, and concentration. Because you can do all the things listed, but without having a personal drive for success, you will fail.

Now, I’m sure Arnold didn’t want to mislead anyone by saying this is all it took for him to achieve his goals. Because it wasn’t. He went on to say that he had to work extra hard to reach his level of success. Of course, he added that he had a few big breaks along the way also.

Let’s be clear, these are only five personal rules that worked for him and can for you as well. But what you can do and should is make your own standard rules of success.

Nevertheless, he had dreams of accomplishing his goals, but he just didn’t dream about them, he started doing, working toward fulfilling them. Imagine if he’d listened to each person that said he was just wasting his time living a pipedream. But he didn’t listen and kept moving forward with all the determination afforded him.

The point is, you first need something to aspire to, once you have that, then focus on what it is you want to do. Never visualize yourself as mediocre and don’t be afraid to dream on a much larger scale.

We all were born with a purpose in life, the goal is to find it and feed it. Help it to grow by believing you can do anything that you set your mind to. If you are like me, know that you can do all things through Christ, who strengthens. With any level of achievement, a little elbow grease goes along way when applied, because anything worth having is worth working hard for.

And remember, once you’ve reached the star you’ve aimed for, don’t forget to give back. This is the sole purpose of why I do this weekly blog. It is to give back, by dropping a little knowledge, offering encouragement followed by a major dose of inspiration.

The world would be a much better place to dwell if everyone did this. But not everyone holds to this logic. Just last week someone suggested to me, that I should use this platform as a means of promoting my books.

I humbly explained to them that this broadcast and blog wasn’t about that. But a means of encouraging other writers, bloggers and anyone else who have dreams of aspiration to grow from the grains of wisdom it offers.  

Just like Arnold, I desire to offer inspiration to whomever is willing to listen, to some great information. I’m not trying to sale you anything but offer a little advice that is absolutely free of cost.

My prayer is that you have everything you ever hoped for along your personal journey.  And it would be helpful if you remembered the five rules presented above.

God Bless you on your quest.

Comments

Popular Posts