"LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION!"


            



                                The Importance of Book Reveal Book Release Parties







            Everyone likes movie trailers, right? Well in case you are not a fan of them or new movie debuts then I’m speaking to those of you who do and should love book reveal and release parties then.



            To those of us who like to have the scoop and stay on top of the information airwaves, then we know how important it is to get the word out in advance.



            Book reveal and release parties are just like movie trailers introducing the public to the latest next wonderful thing. I for one am a huge fan of movie trailers because I want to know what the coming attractions are at the movie theater. Much like movies I view book releases and reveals the same way.



            Recently I announced on all social media platforms about my next book, still in production, however, it didn’t stop me from giving them a sneak peek of what’s to come. Therefore, book reveal and release parties are such a necessary part of promoting your work.



            Fans love access to their favorite authors. What better way than letting them in on the secret by giving them a sample of what’s to come. There’s so many ways of doing this.  One I just shared is using social media. 

           

            Almost everyone has access to some level of social networking, whether through their own accounts or someone else’s.  There are so many ways to advertise and broadcast your current project using this medium.



            Even if they aren’t technologically literate, there are other ways to pitch the information to them about your big announcement.  Radio is another example.  Okay so there are no pictures involved to tease them about what’s coming.  But words are just as powerful as images. 



            The radio is the megaphone for marketing, it works the same as social media.  If you like what you hear you share it with others by word of mouth.

           

            Speaking of images. Billboards are another way and inexpensive though you might think otherwise. This form of advertising has come all the way down to the bare essentials of cost. 



Blip for example is a billboard company where you can set your own price for advertising.  It’s super simple too.  All you need is a high-resolution image, a few words to let everyone know what’s going on with the picture, a manageable budget and just like that you are on your way to announcing your project.



Email marketing is yet another example of pushing your next reveal to the forefront. Unless you are in the most remote place in the world there isn’t an excuse for not using it to your advantage for promotion.  It’s so easy, especially with smartphones at your fingertips.

           

It works just like sending a group text message, instead of texting, (another great idea) you simply attach all the people you want to reach out to with one email.



If you’re not savvy enough for all these things I’ve listed then, how about good old-fashioned postcards.  They are inexpensive ways to make an announcement.  You buy them in bulk or go to Vistaprint.com upload an image of your book, add a message and mail them out. Simple right? This is where you nod and say yes.



Personally, I prefer every way possible to reach out to my fans.  I like for them to stay aware and the best way to do this is to insure I’ve used every resource available to me.



I love Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram because these platforms allow me access to millions of viewers, not just on my page but all their friends and followers.  I also like Ripl, an app specifically designed for advertising on all levels.



The best part of all these announcements are the end results.  I’ve hosted two book parties and each were a major success.  I used all the examples listed, except for the billboard, this one is new to our area. However, I will on a future project. 



And if I did not mention how much fun these types of events are, then I’ll do it now.  They are amazingly fun.  The guest love prizes, and I love giving them out.  It’s a great idea to order your giveaways in advance. At least once the cover mockup is completed then you can add the image to your business cards, bags, calendars, stamps, and postcards.



These are great promotional tools, not just for your guest but for everyone else who will see them on display. 



Remember, prepare in advance, promote through all channels to get the word out in advance so your book reveal and release party will go off without a hitch.











           




Comments

Popular Posts