"A FEW OF MY FAV THINGS PART 2"


             

                                                           Best Books Of 2019





Let me just say this first, I don’t have deep pockets like Oprah for gift giving. But if I did, would buy several hundred copies of the books on my list today just so I could say, you get a book and you get a book. Since I can’t, I can share with you a few of my favorite books of 2019. Well, this is actually part 2 because I couldn’t include all of them last time, so, now, I’ll conclude my list.

As you know, I am an avid reader and love to share the books that resonate within me with everyone who shares my devotion to great books.

It is the Christmas season, the time for gift-giving and what better way to show your love for your family than the gift of books.

So without further delay #10 Behind Closed Doors by Claire Contreras. I recommended this book by one of my favorite authors, and I’m glad she did. And if you love psychological thrillers tossed with a little romance, then this is the book for you. An NYT bestseller and much deserved title because this book did not disappoint. Very realist characters peppered with normalcy just enough to hide what is taken place behind the scenes.

#9 All Grown Up by Vi Keeland. Another NYT bestseller and not a surprise because this author has a slew of them. This book appealed to me because of how skewed the system is for younger men and older women. I became an instant fan of this book for this reason alone. It’s not so much about the physical relationship between these two characters, but how our pasts are always linked to our future. Well, what goes around comes back to you, but in a good way. This book is all that and more.

#8 Stone in the Sea by A. L. Jackson has fast become one of my fav authors. If you like broken bad boy rock stars, then this is the book for you. Who doesn’t like fallen stars and broken characters who need repairs? Just don’t take my word for it. Buy and read it for yourselves.

#7 Consolation by Corinne Michaels is another fantastic book. Happy ever after is distorted in this story, and it lives up to the title. But packed with shocking moments. You’ll love it.

#6 Breaking Him by R. K. Lilley, an international bestseller, is a series of books, all wonderfully entertaining. This book pulled at my heartstrings as well made me laugh. It’s deep and angsty and overflows with unrequited love. And why it’s number six on my list.

#5 The Silent Waters by Brittainy C. Cherry is one of those stories that linger with you for a while after you’ve read it. Heartwarming and just blew me completely away. If you love stories that pull at your heartstrings, here’s one for you.

#4 Alaska Wild by Helena Newbury is on the edge of your seat exciting. It is an action-packed story from start to finish. If you’re a fan of the fugitive, then you will love this book. That takes place in the wilds of Alaska, a catch me if you can feel about it. But only one woman is smart and strong enough to see when things aren’t what they appear to be. A great read.

#3 Royally Screwed by Emma Chase is elegant and all so British. The male lead is royalty and heavy on the arrogance just as you would expect an heir to the throne to behave. I loved the characters, and the female lead is strong and doesn’t bow down to his demands but teaches him to compromise. A great HEA.

#2 In the Unlikely Event by L. J. Shen was a delight to read. It’s funny when it needs to be with and a dash of seriousness. Let me be honest, I loved this book because of the male lead who is Irish. Now I love any man with intonation in their voices. Still, this book is classic L. J. Shen who always knocks her stories straight out of the park. The title alone makes you want to read this story, and trust me you won’t be disappointed.

#1 The Restorer, the Graveyard series by Amanda Stevens, is phenomenal. If you are a fan of the supernatural, then I highly recommend you read these books. This is top-notch fantasy, and I’m a little puzzled why this author hasn’t reached bestseller status. The books are so well written, and the details worked to perfection. I’ve never been so engrossed in a story since A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. It takes place in the sultry south, and you can’t help but get pulled into the very depths of your souls. I recommend you stuff Christmas stockings with this one. It’s at the top of my list because it deserves to be there.

Comments

Popular Posts