"THE MUSE"


                                         

                                                      How to Stay Motivated





We’ve all seen movies where the actor asks the director for their motivation. Well, writing requires this also.



As a writer, I sometimes experience mind-blocks, others may refer to it as writers' block, but it’s all the same. Anyway, there are times when I lose my motivation and need to be inspired. Well, I don’t know what your mojo is, but mine is reading. Everything I can get my hands on, every genre. You’d be surprised how much reading someone else’s stories can help you get back on track.



It helps to kickstart my brain back into motion. Thus, it motivates me to do what I love. Then other times my motivation comes from movies and additional inspiration.



‘Tis the season, and so the spirit of Christmas has taken over, and infused my creative juices with all kinds of great writing ideas. It’s one of my favorite times of the year. With all the love, holiday spirit, and gift-giving, it clears the clogged pathway to your brain and heart that allows everything to flow freely.



Motivation can come through other means as well. There’s nothing like a tight deadline to get you brainstorming. Some of us are plagued with procrastination and think about working instead of doing it. However, if your time is limited, it seems to get you back in the groove of things.



I believe the best way to restore motivation is to remove distractions. I’m guilty of this too. Social media is my biggest distraction, and I’m learning to surf the web less and work more.



Goals are a fantastic way to remain motivated too. Much like deadlines, we understand that there is a limit in which we need to complete each project. With this in mind, it’ll help keep you focused.



I also found that if our work environment is peaceful, it helps the mind to concentrate on the task instead of wandering so we can do what is essential.



All of these ideas are key, but I think the most promising one is dedication. If we allow ourselves to drift away from the task at hand, we lose interest and become lax. So, we all need something or someone to help motivate us.

Whatever your muse might be, remember the end game is to never lose focus and keep your head in the game.  












Comments

Popular Posts