"I GOT YOUR BACK"


                                 
                                         The Importance of Supporting Creativity


            If there is one thing I’ve learned as a creative person and a parent is an importance of cultivating creativity. Those with an artistic flair, show signs of this usually in the early stages of life.

            One of my absolute joys was watching my children develop but, at the same time, wonder how much my creative genes played a part in developing their talents.
           
            I would buy them coloring books and encouraged them to formulate their creative fascination through art projects that involved cutting and pasting.

            To this very day, I still have many of their creations stored in containers. I’m a keeper of trinkets and see value where many would overlook or think of it as clutter.

            Now that my children are grown with children of their own, I persist in those same principles of cultivation.

So, as parents, we should learn to recognize the signs. No matter in which form they materialize.

It is vital to encourage and never try to shape their talents. Allow them to evolve naturally and take their direction.

Nurture a positive atmosphere designed to promote growth and concepts. Art, in any form, is always from the artist's perspective.

It’s our job to allow them to create unhampered, but when necessary, give feedback and support.

I’m always amazed at how much creativity affects society as a whole. We see it in any many variations, from Tagging to Murals and authentic works of art.

Therefore, why we should always support the arts through any means necessary. I believe that we should always promote the pursuit of passions on a grand scale.

Talented individuals fill our world, but many are unrecognized for various reasons. Art education in many schools is sadly underfunded since it’s not part of the necessary curriculum.  It falls under electives and not given the attention it deserves. Although art develops creativity, and we all know, a creative mind wasted is a tragedy. So we must promote our most promising future artists.

Creativity is a way to express one’s ideas and initiates problem-solving skills. Not only that, but it also instills a sense of pride and purpose in oneself and accomplishments.

Our role as mentors is to provide them with the necessary tools that will further develop their interest. And is why I will always promote art, whether it’s painting, sculpture, dance, music and my personal favorite, writing.

So you can rest assured, I got your back.

Comments

Popular Posts